Shannon Johnston of the Moodle Users Association (MUA) has announced the opening of the final voting round for MUA’s current active Project Development Cycle, the end of which will determine the feature that will be funded for Moodle HQ to develop. This final voting round ends on Wednesday, June 27th, 2018.
Depending on their tier, each MUA member has at least 100 votes to distribute across the projects in any combination. Organization memberships can vote as well. If your membership is associated with an organization, identify the lead participant, who is the only one allowed to vote.
The 10 top-voted projects in the first round made the shortlist, which Moodle HQ has reviewed before advancing them to the final round. Two of the original projects (“Ability for Tutors to Submit Assignments on Behalf of Students” and “Extend mobile app to easily work with Moodle plugins”) were disqualified. In both cases it was found that Moodle already offered an equal or equivalent functionality.
The 8 projects in the running are (in alphabetical order)
- A feature to share templates of Rubric in Workshop activity
- Ability to set activity dates based on course start/end date or enrollment date
- Add ChemJax filter to Moodle Core
- Course overview block in dashboard improvements
- Implement Interoperability Standard – IMS Global OneRoster 1.0
- Improve Moodle’s Core Forums by incorporating features from Moodleroom‘s Advanced Forums
- Let administrators merge users
- Simplify activity chooser