Configurable reports block, one of the best plugins for creating custom SQL queries for getting custom reports, has been updated to version 2.3.5.
In the recent version, according to the release notes the changes are:
– Added support for Moodle 2.8 and 2.9
– Added support to the new logging system
– Improved the color palette for graphics with lots of elements
– Allow translations of DataTable strings
– Restored the fsearchuserfield plugin
– Minor issues fixes
You can use Configurable reports block to create custom reports without knowing the SQL.
- Courses reports, with information regarding courses.
- Categories reports, with information regarding categories. A courses report can be embedded in this type of report.
- Users reports, with information regarding users and their activity in a course.
- Timeline reports, this is a special type of report that displays a timeline. A course or user report can be embedded in this timeline showing data depending on the start and end time of the current row.
- Custom SQL Reports, custom SQL queries. This block can use the same SQL queries that Tim Hunt’s Custom SQL queries plugin.
There is a dedicated support forum for configurable reports block in the moodle support forums which can be accessed here.
The plugin is also having a nice documentation which can be accessed here: http://docs.moodle.org/en/blocks/configurable_reports/
You can download the latest version of the configurable reports block here.