Britt is is the CEO of 7th Mind and an internationally recognized thought leader who creates brain science–based solutions for today’s challenges by drawing on her unique background in leadership, neuroscience, psychology, and learning. Britt has published several books on the brain science of success including her most recent which is called, Wired to Grow: Harness the Power of Brain Science to Learn and Master Any Skill. Britt is someone you want to listen to: she has more than 25 years of experience, she’s the former Chief Learning Officer for Lynda.com (now LinkedIn Learning) and she has over 10 million views worldwide of her courses. You can learn more at her at BrittAndreatta.com.
I’m also super pleased to have Britt on the show because she was one of our top speakers at the Elearning Success Summit. If you’d like to hear her presentation, you can get your free ticket at elearningsuccesssummit.com
I’m excited to share this episode with you because we talk about a bunch of great stuff, including:
- What learning “should be” in the future: The balance between online, blended and in person and how not everything can be learned online
- The amazing amount of non-verbal communication that happens between humans and how that is lost in online learning
- How online learning has had an uptick in acceptance because of circumstance & available time BUT why online learning MUST be designed different than in person learning, and tips on how to up your game
- Why in person learning is important for both culturalization and also “signaling” that something or some knowledge is especially important
- The reasons why you can’t multitask and learn effectively
- HUGE ONE: How we can return to in person learning safely and effectively
- And finally, why learning and development professionals should use this moment to be clear about what should be online, in person or a blend.
We hope you enjoy this episode. We’ve got a lot more exciting talks coming up! Make sure you don’t miss an episode: