Welcome to the eLearn Podcast. My name is Ladek and I’m your Host from Open LMS.
My guest for today is Al Kingsley who is an EdTech thought leader and disruptor, author, and CEO of the company NetSupport, which has been providing technology solutions for education for more than 30 years.
In this wide ranging conversation Al and I discuss:
- What priorities schools should continue to look at as we come out of the pandemic and enter a new normal, including social and mental health issues, implementing what we know works in EdTech, and understanding knowledge vs skills in what we’re delivering for learners.
- Why priorities and challenges change not only globally, but also from city to city and neighborhood to neighborhood – and why tech is (almost) never the answer and not the main actor on the stage in learning.
- The ephemeral nature of content, software and hardware and how Al recommends you create a strategy around this to turn a potential negative into a positive.
- How technology has not only allow us to reach audiences that were usually not involved in the education process (like unengaged parents) but also presents the challenge of ensuring we keep learners safe.
- Why you should always push for innovation, but only when you have validation and buy-in for the solution you’re going to implement. And why signposting experts is a great strategy for adoption and success.
- We end our conversation talking about how the success and failure of teaching, when all is said and done, is still massively dependent upon the relationship between the learners and the teacher… and why we need to focus now more than ever on supporting them.