News! #Moodle 3.3.2, 3.2.5 & 3.1.8 are available to download: https://t.co/CVmKjJ2h0W
Check out our release notes: https://t.co/jiHhOlZcUJ pic.twitter.com/t78YFT0VJl
— Moodle | moodle.com (@moodle) September 11, 2017
This set of minor releases are the last ones before the long-awaited Moodle 3.4. As usual, a series of tweaks, from bug fixes to improvements, make the bulk of the updates.
To download the Moodle update, visit download.moodle.org. If you are looking to upgrade to Moodle 3.3 from a previous version, make sure the site fulfills the requirements listed here. For more on upgrading read the official documentation. MoodleCloud sites should receive the upgrade automatically over the coming days.
Four main new features and more than 20 fixes and improvements have been made for Moodle 3.3. The 4 highlights are:
- In the Course Overview, hidden courses “gray out”
- “Always link course sections” setting available and enabled on the default themes. This allows course sections to appear on the collapsible NavBar on the left.
- “Required grade” option now is needed to enable “Grade to pass” field, as a Quiz completion setting.
- A bug on the driver causing Moodle Backup and Restore to freeze on sites with Microsoft SQL Server has been fixed.
Besides performance improvements, other interesting enhancements include:
- When teachers change the maximum grade of a given assignment, recalculated grades no longer appear as negative. Now, Moodle will warn teachers for erroneous grades, which they now can address in one click.
- LTI activities support long names
- Attachments from team submissions can be viewed
- Several OAuth 2 fixes for third-party authentication
- Unreadable files no longer prevent access to the rest from My private files
- Incorrect debugging error messages are gone
- Completion tracking site default rolls over to uploaded courses
- Icons resized when they appeared disproportionate.
- Forum headers fixed for narrow screens
Moodle 3.2.5 includes many of the same improvements that are compatible. Moodle 3.1.8 only features security fixes.
The next release in the schedule is the major Moodle 3.4 update, next November. It will also feature minor updates for Moodle 3.3, 3.2 and 3.1.